Part 1 Chapters 7-9 Highlights
Ch. 7 Teaching Informed by the Learning Progressions
- Catching teachable movements or the best way to move a young writer forward is not easy but Lucy’s 7 learning progressions really do help
- Using the writing genre checklists while conferring is a powerful tool
- Lucy’s “Principles of Conferring” on p. 82 and the chart to “Pump up Writing” on p.84 are dynamite
- Finally, the “Making Small Groups Effective” teacher chart on p. 86 and the “How to” student chart on p. 87- priceless!
Ch. 8 Supporting Transference across the Content Areas
- Using Reading-Writing Checklists & making connections to build close reading skills was a favorite on p. 94-95
Ch. 9 Designing Reading-Writing Performance Assessments
- What sparked your interest?
Blogging’s fun & easy! Join us!
• Click on a blog/ post you want to view. Scroll down to see them all.
• Under a post/blog are Comments/ No Comments (if no one posted).
• Under Post a Comment is a box with "Enter your comment…"
• Click inside the box and type your comments.
• Hit publish. That's it! Why wait?