Part 1 Chapters 4-6: Highlights that jumped out at me…
What sparked your interest? Blogging’s fun & easy! Join us!
• Click on a blog/ post you want to view. Scroll down to see them all.
• Under a post/blog are Comments/ No Comments (if no one posted).
• Under Post a Comment is a box with "Enter your comment…"
• Click inside the box and type your comments.
• Hit publish. That's it! Why wait?
Chapter 4 Using Early Results to Plan and Adapt Your Writing Curriculum
- Wow! Doesn’t that title grab your interest? Powerful stuff!
- Yes, levels early in the year may be disappointing. Recalling the 1st day of school, "kinders" told me they’d like to learn how to tie shoes or button pants. It was so disappointing that they didn’t instead say, “I want to learn how to read and write!”
- Lucy’s basic levels of differentiation through coaching in mini lessons, conferring and small group instruction is doable and makes success reachable! Wish this book was on my shelf "back in the day!"
Chapter 5 Self Assessment Checklists: The What, the Why, and the How
- Loved Lucy’s findings that checklists are more kid friendly than rubrics
- Also loved Lucy’s modeling on how to introduce, adapt when needed, and use the checklists
Chapter 6 Tracking Data: On-the-Run and Formally
- Having students invent a record keeping system along with you is invaluable!
- What did you take away? Can’t wait to hear from you!
CRA Past President Lynn Gurnee