We’re reading & discussing Just the Facts: Close Reading and Comprehension of Informational Text by Lori Oczkus published January 2014 by Shell. Why? This dynamic resource provides:
• clear explanations on using informational text in classrooms
• practical tips, suggestions, lesson ideas to use with students
• digital resources and ideas aligned to the Common Core
• solid tools to enhance comprehension of informational text
January-February we’ll be blogging about Ch. 1-2!
Need more convincing? Here’s my top 3 reasons to join us!
1. Implement proven ideas to use the next day requiring little prep.
2. Find helpful K-8 lessons with options for struggling readers & EL
3. Network with professionals from all over California
Click on Amazon on CRA’s home web page to buy it now!
Here’s how to get started:
• Click on the blog or post you would like to view.
• Underneath this post or blog, you’ll see Comments or No Comments (if no one has posted a reply).
• Under Post a Comment, you’ll see a box saying "Enter your comment…"
• Click inside the box and type your comments.
• Then hit publish. That's all there is to it!
Blogging is having an engaging two-way conversation. Have fun!
Please join us!
Interim IRA Coordinator for the California Reading Association