Chapter 8: The Math Daily 3
1. Why did the sisters move away from “I show and you do” lesson approach to the Daily 3 approach?
2. Explain what the three 7-10 minute focus lessons consist of.
3. What math series do you use and how would you incorporate it with the Math Daily 3? Give an example of a concept and the 3 focus lessons you would use that day.
4. The Sisters suggest 2 ways to organize math materials: by individual tool kits for each child or by putting like materials in container and having students gather what they need for a chosen activity. How do you organize your materials for math?
5. The Sisters suggest games for Math By Myself and Math With Someone. What are some of your favorite activities for these Dailies? How do you use the math practice pages that are in the math book and what do you use for math homework?