Don’t have a copy? Blog if you want to enter our raffle for a free copy!
Part 1 Chapters 1-3 Highlights that jumped out at me…
Ch. 1 Assessment Toolkit
* checklists to raise student and teaching level & students improve in a matter of weeks-intriguing!
* checklists, rubrics, and benchmark texts derived from Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
* Effective formative tools as students are actively engaged & transfer skills from one type of writing to another
Ch. 2 1st Step: Conducting On-Demand Performance Assessments
* Begin day 1 by inviting kids show off their writing- they’ll love that kind of invitation!
* Teach the Writer not the Writing- love that advice, don't you?
* Important for teachers across grade levels to agree on a plan- same grade level prompt and same genre assessed
* Kids given heads up day before to be ready to write about a topic they know for 45 minutes and invited to bring resources- that will boost kids’ confidence!
* FAQ is helpful!
Ch. 3 The Norming Meeting and Subsequent Scoring: Developing Shared Expectation
Lucy gives positive support for working as a group and alone to get magnificent growth!
What did you take away or what jumped out at you? Can’t wait to hear from you!
CRA Past Pres.