Chapter 6: Foundational Lessons
1. In the new edition, the 2 Sisters refer to "FOCUS lessons" as "FOUNDATIONAL lessons". What differences do you notice about the foundational lessons in the new edition?
2. Appendix B-F llists all the foundational lessons for each of the Dailies. But in looking over days 1-14 when are the foundational lessons introduced (order of intro) and why?
3. Order of Launching the Dailies has always been a hot topic of conversation. According to the appendix and teaching of foundational lessons, the sisters suggest this order:
Read to Self, Work on Writing, Read to Someone, Listen to Reading, and Word Work.
What order do you use and why?
4. How do you see the new Common Core State Standards aligning with the foundational lessons?
5. The new California ELA/ELD Framework refers to Foundational SKILLS, not to be confused with the Sisters' Foundational LESSONS. What is the difference?